Kalvin Mark Phillips (born 2 December 1995) is a midfielder for Premier League club Manchester City and the England national team. Phillips, a Leeds United academy graduate, made his first-team debut in 2015.
Phillips was a member of Marcelo Bielsa’s Championship-winning Leeds club in the 2019-20 season. Following this season, Phillips earned his England national team debut and was a member of the England side that came runner-up at UEFA Euro 2020.
Kalvin Phillips Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Kalvin Mark Phillips|
|Nick Name||Kalvin Phillips|
|Age (as of 2023)||28 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Date of Birth||2 December 1995|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Jersey Number||• England - 14|
• Manchester City - 4
|Current Team(s)||• England|
• Manchester City
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||23 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||ICM Stellar Sports|
|Traits||• Dives Into Tackles|
• Long Passer
• Team Player
|Style Of Play||None|
Height and Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.78 m|
• in feet inches - 5′ 10″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 72 kg|
• in pounds - 160 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||British|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defensive Midfield|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- EFL Championship: 2019–20
- UEFA European Championship runner-up: 2020
- EFL Young Player of the Month: October 2016
- EFL Championship Team of the Year: 2018–19
- PFA Team of the Year: 2019–20 Championship
- England Men’s Player of the Year: 2020–21
Kalvin Phillips Net Worth
The range of Kalvin Phillips’s net worth or income is thought to be between €60,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€60,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€54,000,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€7,800,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€650,000|
|Salary per Week||€150,000|
|Salary Per Day||€21,370|
|Salary Per Day||€15|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 4, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2028|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Kalvin Phillips FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Kalvin Phillips has an overall rating of 81 and his potential is also 85.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|66||Heading Accuracy||71||FK Accuracy|
|82||Short Passing||82||Long Passing|
|80||Defensive Awareness||78||Sliding Tackle|
- Phillips played for Wortley from 2003 to 2010 before joining Leeds United’s academy at the age of 14.
- He rose through the club’s youth divisions before signing his first professional contract in the summer of 2014, which kept him for the 2014-15 season.
- Phillips was named captain of the development and under-18 teams during the 2014-15 season.
- Phillips joined the first team for the FA Cup third-round trip to Sunderland on January 4, 2015; he was an unused replacement in the 1-0 defeat.
- On March 30, academy coach Jason Blunt stated that Phillips will become a fan favorite in the future.
- Phillips came off the bench again in league games during the next few months.
2016 to 2019
- Phillips was offered a new three-year contract at Leeds in June 2016, just days after the appointment of new head coach Garry Monk.
- On 23 June, Phillips signed a new three-year contract extension to stay at the club until the summer of 2019.
- On 27 August 2016, Phillips scored his first goal of the 2016-17 season, with a long-range free-kick against Nottingham Forest in a 3-1 defeat.
- Phillips’ outstanding performance for Leeds earned him the Championship Young Player of the Month Award in October 2016.
2019 to 2022
- Leeds began contract negotiations with Phillips in July 2019.
- On 8 August 2019, it was announced that Leeds have rejected bids for Phillips during the 2019 transfer window in order to keep him at the club, with bids for Phillips rejected ranging between £27 million and £30 million.
- He signed a new five-year contract with Leeds in September 2019.
- During Leeds United’s centenary week, Phillips scored the game-winning goal against Birmingham City, which finished 1-0 in front of another big crowd at Elland Road.
- Phillips’ success in defensive midfield for Leeds under Marcelo Bielsa prompted demands for him to be called up to the England side in November 2019.
- Phillips signed a six-year deal with Premier League winners Manchester City on July 4, 2022, for a reported sum of £42 million, which may rise to £45 million in add-ons.
- Phillips made his league debut as a substitute for Rodri in a 2-0 away win over West Ham United on August 7.
- Phillips was eligible to play for his native nation, England, as well as Jamaica and the Republic of Ireland, due to his ancestry.
- He was finally elected to represent England and was called up for the first time by Gareth Southgate in August 2020, before earning his first cap against Denmark in the UEFA Nations League on September 8, 2020.
- After Jack Butland and Wilfried Zaha, he was only the third player in the twenty-first century to represent England before appearing in a country’s top league.
- Phillips stated in an interview after being called up that he planned to donate his first England shirt to Marcelo Bielsa after the Leeds United manager gifted him a playing shirt from his previous club.
Style Of Play
Phillips began his career as a box-to-box or central midfielder, but Marcelo Bielsa switched him to a defensive midfielder before the start of the 2018-19 season. He is recognized as a ‘lynchpin’ for his range of short quick passing, long ball distribution, and ability to launch assaults while fulfilling his defensive duties.
Marcelo Bielsa characterized his coaching approach as “He’s quite adept at grabbing the ball and moving it into a better location. When our full-backs attack, he does an excellent job of covering the team. And he’s quite excellent at defending when we’re outnumbered.” Under Bielsa, Phillips was also transformed into a centre defender.
He is currently 28 years old (as of 2023).
He is 178 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Manchester City, his net worth is €60,000,000 (as of 2023).