Anushka Sharma is an Indian actress and film producer who has established herself as one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in India. She made her debut opposite Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in the movie ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’. She has since then worked with two other superstar Khans of Bollywood: opposite Amir Khan in ‘PK’ and Salman Khan in ‘Sultan’, both the films are among her highest-grossing films. She has worked with several lead actors of Bollywood, appearing alongside Shahid Kapoor in ‘Badmaash Company’; Ranveer Singh in ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ and ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’; Akshay Kumar in ‘Patiala House’; and Ranbir Kapoor in ‘Bombay Velvet’ and ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’. She has also produced the films ‘NH10’, ‘Phillauri’, and ‘Pari’ through her production company Clean Slate Films. She has designed her own line of clothing for women and has endorsement deals with several top brands. As a philanthropist, she supports gender equality and animal rights.
Her first acting role was in Aditya Chopra’s Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) opposite Shahrukh Khan. The film was a huge success and her performance was appreciated. Film critic Taran Adarsh said, “Anushka looks the character and surprises you with a confident performance. It’s no small achievement to share screen space with an actor of the caliber of SRK and Anushka manages it very well from start to end.” Her second film, Badmaash Company, also under Yash Raj Films, was released on May 7, 2010. She was praised for breaking out of the shell of the conservative and homely Taani to play the feisty and independent Bulbul, and her performance was applauded.
Anushka Sharma Bio/ Wiki
|Birth Name||Anushka Sharma|
|Nick Name||Anu, Nushie|
|Age||(as in 2020) 32 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Birth||1 May 1988|
|Residence||Badrinath Towers, 20th floor, Seven Bungalows, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Mother's Name||Ashima Sharma|
|Father's Name||Ajay Kumar Sharma (Army officer)|
|Brother||Karnesh Sharma (Merchant Navy)|
Ranveer Singh (Actor)
Virat Kohli (Indian Cricketer)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Virat Kohli (Indian Cricketer)|
|Marriage Date||11 December 2017|
|School||Army School, Bengaluru|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
Masters in Economics (Correspondence)
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5' 9"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg|
in pounds- 121 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
| Car Collection||Range Rover SUV|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukerji|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Colors||White, Grey, Black, Navy blue|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Jab We Met, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Chak De! India and Dil Se|
Hollywood: The Shawshank Redemption, Life Is Beautiful, In the Mood for Love, Fish Tank
|Favourite Destination||The Himalayas, Goa|
|Favourite Perfume||Ralph Lauren Blue|
|Controversies||While paying her homage to Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on twitter, she misspelled his name as "ABJ Kalam Azad". After it, she was criticized on twitter and she deleted that tweet and posted another one, which was again wrong as she wrote "APJ Kalam Azad". At the third attempt, she finally tweeted it correctly i.e. "Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam".|
There was a rift in her relationship with Virat Kohli for a while in early 2016. If reports are to be believed then the reason behind it was that Virat invested a good amount of money in Anushka's film Bombay Velvet, which unfortunately failed at the box office. And, when Virat asked about the money loss to Anushka, she felt upset. Virat even unfollowed her on Twitter and Instagram, but after a few months, they got back together.
Family, Education & More
Anushka was born to Army Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma and homemaker mother Ashima Sharma. His elder brother, Karnesh Sharma is a film producer and earlier he has served in Merchant Navy. In an interview, Anushka Sharma said, “I take pride in saying that I am an army officer’s daughter even more than being an actor.”
Anushka Sharma was born on 1 May 1988 in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. Her father, Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma, is an army officer, and her mother, Ashima Sharma, is a homemaker. Her father is a native of Uttar Pradesh, while her mother is a Garhwali. Her elder brother is film producer Karnesh Sharma, who earlier served in the Merchant Navy.
Prior to joining the navy, Karnesh played for the under-19 Bangalore Ranji cricket team. Sharma has stated that being a military brat played an important role in shaping her as a person and contributing to her life. In an interview with The Times of India in 2012, she said, “I take pride in saying that I am an army officer’s daughter even more than being an actor.
She studied in Army School and graduated with a specialization in arts from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. She then moved to Mumbai to further her modeling career. Sharma says she originally wished to make it big in the modeling world but had no strong aspirations for films.
She began her modeling career at the Lakme Fashion Week as a model for Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show and was picked to be Rodricks’s finale model at the Spring Summer ’07 Collection. Since then she has done campaigns for Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathella Jewelry, and Fiat Palio.
Anushka Sharma Net Worth
According to the report, Virat Kohli earned Rs 252.72 crores last year. The India batting mainstay’s total net worth is reportedly around Rs 900 crores. Anushka, on the other hand, earned Rs 28.67 crores in 2019. She has a reported net worth of Rs 350 crores. Thus, together Kohli and Anushka have a net worth of more than Rs 1,200 crore.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018 (Approx)||INR 350 crores|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2017(Approx)||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Producer|
Anushka Sharma Filmography
|2008||Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi|
Band Baaja Baaraat
Ladies vs Ricky Bahl
|2012||Jab Tak Hai Jaan|
|2013||Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola|
Dil Dhadakne Do
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Jab Harry Met Sejal
Anushka Sharma Awards & Achievements
|2013||Best Supporting Actress Award for Jab Tak Hai Jaan|
International Indian Film Academy Awards
|2011||Best Actress Award for Band Baaja Baaraat|
- Does Anushka Sharma smoke?: No
- Does Anushka Sharma drink alcohol?: Yes
- Anushka always wanted to be a model and she came to Mumbai from Bengaluru and started her career as a model in Lakme Fashion and walked the ramp for Wendell Rodricks and did many campaigns for them.
- She was called a “not so beautiful actress” by her first producer, Aditya Chopra, while she came to give an audition to her first film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- She came to Mumbai with her boyfriend called Zoheb, who was also trying to bag opportunities as a model. He could not make his career due to a lack of offers and returned to his native place, after which they lost their relationship due to the long distance between them.
- Shahrukh Khan said that the film “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” has become such a big hit due to Anushka Sharma and not because of him.
- In 2014, she underwent facial plastic surgery.
- She auctioned her leather jacket from the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan on eBay in December 2014 to help raise funds for the flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam.
- Anushka met her cricket star Virat Kohli at a shampoo commercial, at which Virat got mesmerized by her and they both started dating.
- At present, the couple of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma are said to be living together in her Mumbai home.
- She is obsessed with shoes, hair masques, shampoos, and conditioners.
- Anushka is afraid of Lizards.
- One of the most interesting things about Anushka Sharma is that she is very shy. She disclosed it in an interview. She said, ” I’m not a very confident person, I might come across like that because of my films, but I’m very very shy. It takes me time to open up and talk to people.”
- She used to be non-vegetarian but in 2015, she turned vegetarian. In the same year, she won the “Hottest Vegetarian Award” by PETA India along with actor Aamir Khan.
- She is a huge animal lover. She always takes care of street animals and birds.
- On 11 December 2017, Anushka and Virat got married in a private ceremony in Tuscany, Italy.
Who Is The Husband Of Anushka Sharma?
<a data-ail="2686" target="_blank" href="https://woodgram.com/virat-kohli-biography/" title="Virat Kohli">Virat Kohli</a>
Is Anushka Sharma Pahadi?
Anushka Sharma Was Born On 1 May 1988 In Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. Her Father Is A Native Of Uttar Pradesh, While Her Mother Is A Garhwali. Her Elder Brother Is Film Producer Karnesh Sharma, Who Earlier Served In The Merchant Navy. Prior To Joining The Navy, Karnesh Played For The Under-19 Bangalore Ranji Cricket Team.
Is Anushka Sharma Punjabi?
Her father, Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma, Is An Army Officer, And Her Mother, Ashima Sharma, Is A Homemaker. Her Father Is A Native Of Uttar Pradesh, While Her Mother Is A Garhwali.