Anusha Dandekar Height, Weight, Age, Bio, Affairs & More
Anusha Dandekar is Well known Indian and Australian actress and singer MTV VJ. She was born on 9 January 1982 (Age 37 Years)in Khartoum, Sudan. Anusha is noticeable for her work in the Indian Bollywood film industry. She debut in Bollywood movie Mumbai Matinee in 2003. Anusha started her carrier as an anchor on MTV’s House of Style in India. She achieved great success in her Bollywood movie Delhi Belly in 2011. Anusha debut with the well-known director in the Bollywood industry Anant Balani. She worked in 8 Bollywood movies from 2003 to 2012.
She earned many awards like Stardust Award for Most Exciting New Face and Maharashtra Times Sanmaan Best Debut Award in 2006. Anusha Dandekar was born as the eldest daughter into a Marathi-speaking family. She has two siblings, Shibani Dandekar, an actress-singer working in Bollywood, and Apeksha Dandekar.
Family, Education & More
Dandekar was born on 9 January 1982 in Khartoum, Sudan to a Marathi family, Shashidhar and Sulabha Dandekar, originally from Pune, India. She and her sisters, actress and model Shibani and Apeksha Dandekar grew up in Kingsgrove, New South Wales, a suburb of Sydney, Australia. She is in a relationship with actor Karan Kundra.
Father: Shashidhar Dandekar
Mother: Sulabha Dandekar
Siblings: Shibani Dandekar (Sister), Apeksha Dandekar (Sister)
Real Name Anusha Dandekar
Nickname Vj Anusha
Profession Actress, VJ, Singer, and Model
Anusha Dandekar Height, Weight & More
Height in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 5″
Weight in Kilograms- 52 Kg
in Pounds- 115 lbs
Figure Measurements 33-26-33
Eye Colour Grey
Hair Colour Black
Anusha Dandekar Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 9 January 1982
Age (as in 2017) 35 Years
Birth Place Khartoum, Sudan, Africa
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Capricorn
Hometown Her family used to live in Pune, Maharashtra, but now resides at Kingsgrove, Sydney.
School Not Known
College Not Known
Educational Qualifications Not Known
Debut Film Debut: Mumbai Matinee (2003)
TV Debut: MTV’s House of Style (2002)
Hobbies Dancing and singing
Controversies Not Known
Anusha Dandekar Boyfriends, Affairs and More
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Rannvijay Singh (Actor and Vj)
Karan Kundra (Actor)
Favourite Food Junk food
Favourite Actor Shah Rukh Khan
Favourite Actress Miranda Kerr
Favourite Musicians Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Britney Spears, Beyoncé, and Nicole Scherzinger
- In 2002, at the age of 19, Dandekar moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. She was cast as an anchor in MTV’s House of Style. She later hosted MTV Dance Crew, MTV Teen Diva, MTV News and MTV Love School for the network.
- In 2008, she won Best VJ at the Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Awards. As of 2014, Dandekar is a judge on India’s Next Top Model alongside model-actress Lisa Haydon.
- In 2003, Dandekar made her acting debut in Bollywood with Mumbai Matinee and went on to do Viruddh in 2005, alongside Bollywood veterans Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Sharmila Tagore, and John Abraham.
- Her performance in the film won her the Best Debut Award at the Maharashtra Times Awards in 2006. She then went on to star in the musical Miss Bollywood. Later in 2006, she starred in Anthony Kaun Hai? alongside Arshad Warsi and Sanjay Dutt. In 2012, she made her Marathi film debut with her role in Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha.
- In 2012, Dandekar made her music debut with single Better Than Your Ex. The song, in the English language, was released in June.
- A fashion icon, Dandekar has also graced the covers of Cosmopolitan, Elle, and Seventeen. She has also endorsed the brands Reebok, Toni & Guy, Crocs and Lee Jeans.
- In 2017 she became a mentor on a show India’s Next Top Model (cycle 3), which is aired on MTV India.
Awards And Nominations
2004 Nominated for ‘Most Exciting New Face’ Stardust Awards
2006 Nominated for Stardust ‘Best Newcomer’ in supporting role
2006 Won the Maharashtra Times Sanmaan “Best Debut” award
2007 Nominated for ‘Best Face’ for Filmfare
2009 Won Best VJ at the Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Awards.
2010 Won “50 Most Beautiful Women in India Award” Femina Magazine.
Some Known Facts About Anusha Dandekar
- Does Anusha Dandekar smoke?: No
- Does Anusha Dandekar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Anusha spent most of her childhood in Australian and moved from Sydney to Mumbai at the age of 19 in 2002, and tried her luck in MTV veejay search to get her dream job.
- The same year, she started her career by hosting a fashion television show, MTV’s House of Style.
- In 2003, she made her first Bollywood appearance in the film Mumbai Matinee and did a sizzling item number called Lut Gaye in it.
- In 2009, she won the Best VJ Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Award.
- She was among the 50 Most Beautiful Women in India Award by Femina Magazine in 2010.
- She loves singing and in 2012, she launched her first single Better Than Your EX.
- She and her 2 sisters live in India, but their parents live in Sydney, Australia.
- During her childhood, she won the Lion’s Den Award for the Most Charitable Work.
Is Anusha Dandekar Indian?
Anusha Dandekar Is An Indian- Australian Actress, Vj, Singer And Model.
What Is The Age Of Anusha?
37 Years (9 January 1982)
Is Vj Anusha Married?
Actor Karan Kundra And Anusha Dandekar Are One Of The Most Loved Couples Of The Small Screen. They Are Currently Seen On The Youth-based Reality Show ‘love School’ And Are Love Professors, Who Help The Couples Enrich Their Relationship And Strengthen Their Bond.
Who Is The Sister Of Anusha Dandekar?
What Does Shibani Dandekar Do?
Who Is Shibani Dandekar’s Husband?
Farhan Akhtar Is Rumoured To Be Dating Tv Presenter Shibani Dandekar. Farhan Akhtar Was Married To Hairstylist Adhuna Bhabani From 2000 To 2016. Farhan Akhtar’s London Vacation With Model/Tv Presenter Shibani Dandekar Has Set The Rumour Mills Churning. According To Several Reports, The Two Are Said To Be Dating.