Emil Riis Jakobsen is a Danish footballer who plays forward for EFL Championship club Preston North End and the Denmark national U21 team. Having trained and played for his hometown club, he joined the youth team of Randers at the age of 14. There, he became the top scorer of the U17 team by scoring 24 goals. On 30 July 2015, he joined the youth team of English club Derby County and began his professional career there.
On 11 January 2018, he joined VVV-Venlo on a loan deal till the end of the 2017-18 season, where he made only 3 appearances in all competitions for the club. On 13 June 2018, he returned to Randers FC to sign a three-year contract. In July 2018, he made his debut for the club. In October 2020, he signed a four-year contract with English Championship club Preston North End for an undisclosed sum estimated to be more than $600,000. On 4 October 2020, he made his debut for the club.
Emil Riis Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Emil Riis Jakobsen|
|Nick Name||Emil Riis|
|Age||24 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Birth Place||Hobro, Denmark|
|Date of Birth||24 June 1998|
|Home Town||Hobro, Denmark|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Name Not Available|
|Father's Name||Name Not Available|
|Brother(s)||Name Not Available|
|Sister(s)||Name Not Available|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Name Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Pro Athletes|
|Debut Club||• 1 October 2020: Preston North End|
• 13 June 2018: Randers FC
• 17 March 2018: PSV
• December 2017: VVV-Venlo
• July 2015: Derby County
|Debut International||• 2022: Denmark national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 19 (Preston North End)|
• - (Denmark national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Preston North End|
• Denmark national football team
|Position||Attack - Centre-Forward|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 190 cm|
in meters- 1.90 m
in feet inches- 6’3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 87 kg|
in pounds- 192 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Mixed|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Attack - Centre-Forward|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Website||Twitter & Instagram|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
On June 24, 1998, Emil Riis Jakobsen was born in Hobro, Denmark. It was only after a successful career that he rose to fame and did not come from a well-known family. His early life and parents are still largely unknown.
He keeps his personal life private when it comes to his personal life. He is not single, however. According to reports, he is dating a very gorgeous girl named Caroline Dragsbæk. However, he has not revealed much about their relationship.
On his social media accounts, he had shared a few pictures of his reported girlfriend. Caroline Dragsbæk was featured in a photo he uploaded on Christmas 2020. Any updates on his love life will be posted here.
Emil Riis Net Worth
Emil Riis is estimated to have a net worth of more than $1 Million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||More than $1 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Per Month Salary||$50,000|
|Per Week Salary||$11,538|
|Per Day Salary||$1,648|
|Per Hour Salary||$68.68|
|Per Minute Salary||$1.14|
|Market Value||$2.20 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$2.20 Million (Nov 24, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
He has earned most of his net worth through his football career. Emil is still very young in his career, but he will add a substantial amount of net worth to his net worth in the near future. As per sources, Riis makes more than $600,000 with Preston, and his contract expires in 2024.
- At the age of 14, Riis joined the Randers Academy. In the youth league, he scored 24 goals to become the top scorer for the under-17 team.
- In July 2015, he joined the youth team of English club Derby County following two trials. He was assigned to the under-18 team after joining the club.
- Later, he played for the under-23 team and scored 11 goals as his team was promoted to the Premier League 2 Division 1.
- Riis trialed with Dutch club VVV-Venlo in December 2017. The club signed him on a temporary loan deal until the end of the season on 11 January 2018.
- He made his debut on 17 March 2018 as a 68th-minute substitute for Romeo Castelen in a 3-0 defeat away to PSV. During the spring, he made two further appearances in the Eredivisie.
- Earlier this year, it was announced that Riis would sign a three-year contract with Randers FC.
- In his first season in the top Danish Superliga, the 2018–19 season, he played regularly but was not always a starter. As well as playing for the first team, Riis played for the reserve team.
- As a result of Randers’ 19 appearances for the first team, in which he scored three goals, the club finished in eighth place on the league table during the regular season, and thus qualified for Group 2 in the relegation round, in which the club qualified for the playoffs for European football as group winners.
- In the play-offs, Randers reached the third and decisive qualifying round, losing 4–2 to Br*ndby, which qualified for the UEFA Europa League. Riis played in all matches and scored the 1–0 winner against Hobro IK.
- Riis established himself in the starting lineup during the 2019–20 season. He scored five goals in 29 games during the regular season.
- Randers finished 7th and again qualified for the relegation round, in which Riis scored three goals and helped the club qualify for the European play-offs. Randers lost to OB by a score of 2–1; 0–2.
Preston North End
- Riis signed a four-year contract with English Championship club Preston North End on 1 October 2020 for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around DKK 10 million. On 4 November 2020, he scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 win over Reading.
- With five goals in all competitions during August, Riis started the 2021–22 season in fine form. He scored 16 goals in all competitions by the end of January 2022, including an audacious equalizing volley against Bristol City on 29 January 2022, which won him further plaudits for his goalscoring ability.
Riis has captained Denmark’s under-16, under-17, and under-21 teams. On 12 and 15 November 2021, respectively, he was called up to the senior Denmark squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification matches against the Faroe Islands and Scotland. He sat on the bench against Scotland.
Facts About Emil Riis
- Hobro, Denmark, is where he was born. Details about his parents have not yet been revealed. He holds Danish nationality. He is of mixed ethnicity.
- His hometown club trained and he played for them before joining the Randers youth team at the age of 14 where he became the top scorer of the U17 team by scoring 24 goals in the youth league.
- Since 2013, Emil has been a member of the Danish national team. As well as Alexander Bah and Anders Dreyer, he has represented Danish U16 to the U21 team.
- Riis, however, has yet to appear for the Danish senior team. The player has more than fifteen caps for his country.
- In 2020, Emil joined Preston North End of the English Championship. The contract details were not made public. Over the past two seasons, Riis has scored ten times in sixty games while playing for a regular team.