Anthony Lopes ComM, a professional football goalkeeper for Lyon of Ligue 1 and the Portugal national team, was born on October 1, 1990. He progressed through Lyon’s youth programs, earning a first-team call-up in 2011, and made his debut the following year. He played in more than 400 matches for the team, including the 2014 and 2020 Coupe de la Ligue finals.
Lopes, a Portuguese national who was born in France, has 36 youth international appearances to his name, including 11 for the under-21 squad. In March 2015, he made his senior national team debut. He was also selected for Euro 2016, the World Cup of 2018, and Euro 2020.
Anthony Lopes Bio/Wiki
[table id=4983 /]
- Portuguese parents raised me when I was born in Givors, metropolitan Lyon.
- At the age of nine, Lopes enrolled in the local Lyon youth program.
- He was elevated to the first team for the 2012–13 campaign, filling in as Mathieu Valverde’s backup and Rémy Vercoutre’s third choice.
- On October 31, 2012, he played in his debut professional game, a 3-1 away defeat to Nice in the Coupe de la Ligue.
- He made his UEFA Europa League debut on December 6 in a 2-0 home victory over Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona, which helped the team advance to the knockout rounds without a loss.
- On April 28, 2013, Lopes made his Ligue 1 debut in a 1-1 home draw against Saint-Étienne in the Derby du Rhône.
- He made an early close-range stop from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang before giving up the first goal on a header from Kurt Zouma.
- This was the first of five league games he participated in for the starting lineup towards the conclusion of the season.
- The run ended with a 2-0 home win against Rennes, which helped Lyon finish third and earn a spot in the UEFA Champions League.
- Once Vercourtre suffered an injury, Lopes took over as the starter and kept it after the latter recovered, despite the fact that he would later suffer a double vertebral fracture in early November 2013.
- He participated in their run to the League Cup championship, which they ultimately lost to Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 on April 19, 2014, at the Stade de France.
- Injuring himself in the penalty area during a league match on December 3, 2016, Lopes was struck by a firework thrown from the fans at the Stade Saint-Symphorien, where Metz plays.
- On August 27, 2019, he made his 300th appearance in a 1-0 loss against Montpellier, and the next day, his contract was extended until 2023.
- On July 29, 2020, Lopes participated in the final of the French League Cup, the last in the competition’s existence.
- Before losing on penalties against PSG, he maintained the game scoreless for 120 minutes.
- He received his first red card on October 3, 2021, in a 1-1 away draw with Saint-Étienne for touching the ball beyond the area.
- He was given a two-game suspension.
- He made his 400th appearance the following Monday, January 9, in a home game against PSG that ended in the same result.
- Lopes decided to play for Portugal, thus his father called the Portuguese Football Federation to inform them of this.
- On February 9, 2011, he made his under-21 debut playing the opening 45 minutes of a 3-1 friendly victory over Sweden in Cartaxo.
- Due to an injury to Sevilla’s Beto, he earned his first call-up to the main team on September 4, 2013.
- Lopes made his first appearance for the senior team on March 31, 2015, in a 0-2 friendly loss to Cape Verde at the Estádio António Coimbra da Mota in Estoril.
- He was chosen by Fernando Santos, the team’s manager, for his UEFA Euro 2016 squad on May 17.
- Lopes was also chosen for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- On September 5, 2020, in a 4-1 home victory against Croatia in the UEFA Nations League, he returned to the pitch for the first time in almost two years.
- Coupe de la Ligue runner-up: 2013–14, 2019–20
- UEFA European Championship: 2016
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2019–20
Anthony Lopes Net Worth
The range of Anthony Lopes’s net worth or income is thought to be between €24 Million. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=4984 /]
Anthony Lopes FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Anthony Lopes has an overall rating of 82 and his potential is also 82.
[table id=4985 /]
He is currently 33 years old (as of 2023).
He is 184 cm tall.
He plays as a goalkeeper.
After his transfer to Olympique Lyon, his net worth is €24 Million (as of 2023).