Anil Kapoor is a very popular Indian actor and producer. He has done over a hundred Hindi films, as well as international films and television series. Anil Kapoor has spent 40 years as an actor and worked as a producer since 2005. Anil Kapoor has won several awards in his career, including 2 National Film Awards and 6 Filmfare Awards in various acting categories. His best-known movies are Beta, Tezab, and Mr. India. Anil Kapoor was born in a Panjabi family on 24 December 1956 in Bombay(now Mumbai), India.
His father’s name is Late Surinder Kapoor and his mother’s name is Nirmal Kapoor. He has an elder brother Boney Kapoor, a famous Bollywood producer, and a younger brother Sanjay Kapoor, an actor, and a sister, Reena Kapoor. According to some sources, Anil Kapoor had an affair with actress Madhuri Dixit. There were also some rumors that he dated actress Kimi Katkar. After being in a relationship Anil Kapoor tied the knot with Sunita Bhambhani on 19 May 1984.
The couple is blessed with three children. Anil Kapoor’s first child is Sonam Kapoor, a Bollywood actress. The second child is Rhea Kapoor, a film producer and the third child is Harshvardhan Kapoor, an actor. Arjun Kapoor (Boney Kapoor’s son), Mohit Marwah (Reena Kapoor’s son), and Jahaan Kapoor (Sanjay Kapoor’s son) are Anil’s nephews. Anshula Kapoor, Jhanvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor (Boney Kapoor’s daughters), and Shanaya Kapoor (Sanjay Kapoor’s daughter) are his nieces.
Anil Kapoor Wiki/Bio
[table id=2093 /]
Anil Kapoor went to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour High School, Mumbai for his primary education. After that, he went to St Xavier’s College but was expelled for short attendance. During his college days, he participated in various competitions and also acted in some plays. Anil Kapoor was not born with a silver spoon.
As his father was struggling in the film industry at that time he along with his 7 family members, lived in a single room in the suburb of Chembur in Mumbai. His childhood revolved around Bollywood. Since childhood, he only aimed to enter the world of acting. When he was at the age of 12, he acted in a movie, which did not release.
In the year 1979, Anil Kapoor appeared in his very first movie Hamare Tumhare. And in the next year, he also made his Telugu movie debut with Vamsa Vruksham. He afterward featured as a lead performing artist.
Anil Kapoor Net Worth
According to reports, Anil Kapoor’s net worth is around $19 Million as of 2023.
Reportedly, Anil Kapoor’s annual income is around INR 8-10 crores. He owns assets worth INR 35 crores and several luxury cars worth around INR 9 crores.
[table id=2094 /]
In 1983, Anil Kapoor made his Kannada Movie debut with the film Pallavi Anu Pallavi. In 1984, Anil Kapoor, got his 1st Filmfare Award, for the movie Mashaal which was directed by Yash Chopra. Then he won a Filmfare Award for Best Actor in 1988 for the movie Tezaab which was directed by N. Chandra.
After becoming a known face Anil Kapoor did numerous other effective movies, including Meri Jung (1985), Karma (1986), Janbaaz (1986), Awaargi (1990), Benaam Badshah(1991). In 1987, Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit starrer film Mr. India become very popular all over the country, and Afterward Anil Kapoor was a household name.
His role in the movie Beta helped him with his second Filmfare Award for Best Actor, in 1992. In 1993, He played the role of Ramesh Verma(Romeo) in the film Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja along with popular actor Jackie Shroff.
In the next few year, he did many hit movies including Laadla(1984), Trimurti(1995), Loafer(1996), Judaai (1997), Virasat (1997), Gharwali Baharwali(1998), Biwi No.1(1999), and Pukar(2000). In the year 2001, His next movie Nayak was released and broked all past records at the box office.
In this movie, he played the role of Shivaji Rao. The movie was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Actor. In the last 15 years, he worked in many super hit movies including No Entry (2005), Welcome(2007), Race(2008), Tezz(2012) Race 2, and Shootout at Wadala in 2013.
Anil Kapoor also worked in the famous Hollywood movie series Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol in the role of Brij Nath in 2011.
[table id=2095 /]
Facts About Anil Kapoor
- Does Anil Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Anil Kapoor smoke?: No (Quit)
- He revealed in an interview that he first talked to Sunita on the phone and fell in love with her voice, and with time, they grew closer and fell in love.
- The same night, he went to his then-girlfriend, Sunita’s house, and proposed to her for marriage.
- As a semi-classical singer, Anil Kapoor has sung songs like “Pyaar Kiya Nahi Jata” and the title track of the 1986 Bollywood comedy Chameli Ki Shaadi.
- 1987 film Mr. India, Amitabh Bachchan was the first choice for the lead role but it later went to Anil Kapoor.
- In Mr. India movie Anil Kapoor was seen in the same pair of clothes and hats in all the scenes.
- In 1986, Anil along with Salma Agha made an album titled “Welcome”, in which he sang all the songs with Salma and music was by Bappi Lahiri.
- His dialog ‘Jhakaas’ is popular worldwide.
- Anil Kapoor’s first production was Badhaai Ho Badhaai.
- He played Prem Kumar, the host of the game show in Slumdog Millionaire, his first international film. In different categories, the movie won 8 Academy Awards (Oscars).
- In the beginning, his family lived in Raj Kapoor’s garage in Mumbai, but they later moved to the ‘Chawl’ area.
- Anil Kapoor is used to working in Raj Kapoor’s garage to financially support his family.
- Anil had a habit of playing and running bare feet in his childhood.
- After failing the Pune Film Institute’s written examination, he was denied admission.
- Anil Kapoor got two movies Jaanbaz and Mere Jung on the night of the premiere of Mashaal.
- In 2010, he has featured in American TV Series titled 2’4′ as Kamistan President Omar Hassan and then also in Indian TV Series on the same name of the American- 24, as the lead actor- Jai Singh Rathod.
- He was also honored with a Wax Statue at Madame Tussauds in Singapore.
- It was not allowed for Anil Kapoor to show his look from the film Dil Dhadakne Do in public, and he was given a bandanna to cover his head. Additionally, Anil’s hairstyle took 100 hours to design.
- He once compared himself with a bottle of French wine, which gets better and better with age.
- According to him, he is very self-obsessed, and whenever he finds a mirror, he stops for a while and watches himself.
- Like the promise to her daughter Sonam Kapoor, he has quit smoking after the start of her career.
Is Anil Kapoor won, Oscar?
Anil Kapoor became a part of history when the Indian cast-led Slumdog Millionaire swept the Oscars in 2009 but the actor remembers the eve of the ceremony for being scolded by his wife. The actor was speaking at a special ceremony in Mumbai to celebrate ten years of the iconic win, along with Gulzar and A R Rahman.
How does Anil Kapoor look so young?
Apart from his acting skills, Anil Kapoor is famous for his forever young looks and fit physique. Even at 64, he looks as fit and handsome as he does 30 years ago when he made his debut in Bollywood. When his co-stars are struggling with their age and playing the roles of dad n grandparents he is still getting offers to play the lead roles because he doing regular exercise and taking a good diet and also dressing appropriately and according to his age His neck is usually covered by buttoned-up formal shirts and smart ties, so it doesn’t serve as a giveaway feature in assessing his age.
What are Anil Kapoor’s best movies?
Anil Kapoor’s best 10 movies are -Mr. India (1987), Parinda, Virasat, Nayak, Mashal, Pukar, Tezaab, Woh 7 Din, Beta, and Laadla.
How is Anil Kapoor related to Raj Kapoor?
Anil Kapoor’s father is a distant cousin of Prithviraj Kapoor then, Anil Kapoor is the cousin of Raj Kapoor and uncle of Rishi Kapoor. That means Rishi Kapoor is the cousin of Sonam Kapoor then Sonam is a distant aunt of Ranbir Kapoor. Well, that means Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor are not cousins.
What was Anil Kapoor angry about at Zee Cine Awards 2016?
The Zee Cine Awards 2016 was hosted by Karan Johar and Shahid Kapoor. They were quite hilarious and doing their job well. In between, they were making fun of some of their counterparts. They called Anil Kapoor on stage and started addressing him as a veteran actor, most senior actor, etc. which obviously didn’t go well with Anil Kapoor. They started teasing him saying they grew up watching his films. But Anil Kapoor was not ready to accept his age and even got furious and left the stage challenging the youngsters if they can outperform him on stage. Then this 59-year-old gave a power-packed performance on stage accompanied by a set of trained young dancers and danced to the tunes of his popular numbers like My Name Is Lakhan and others. Dressed in bright-colored clothes, he even did his signature steps making the audience nostalgic!