Angelina Jolie is a famous award-winning actress, humanitarian and UN Goodwill Ambassador. She catapulted to fame as an American supermodel, Gia Carangi, in the HBO blockbuster biographical film, ‘Gia’. After her stellar performance in ‘Girl, Interrupted’ and the commercial blockbuster, ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’, she devoted her time and attention to humanitarian efforts. She traveled to war-torn parts of Cambodia and Darfur and worked with refugees and others in need of help. Forbes Magazine voted her as one of the ‘highest-paid actresses’ with an estimated net worth of over $ 120 million. Read in detail about Angelina Jolie Bio, Age, Kids, Children, Husband, Instagram, Movies, Net Worth & Family
She has received a lot of media attention after being voted as the ‘most beautiful woman’ by many magazines like ‘Vogue’, ‘Esquire’, ‘Vanity Fair’ and ‘Hello’. She has become one of the best-known celebrities in the world today, getting immense media attention for her relationship with the actor, Brad Pitt and her large family of multi-ethnic children. In addition to her adopted kids, she also has three biological children with Brad Pitt. After staying together for 12 years, Angelina Jolie announced in September 2016 that she had filed for divorce with Brad Pitt.
Angelina Jolie is one of Hollywood’s leading actresses, known for movies like ‘Girl, Interrupted,’ ‘Salt’ and ‘Maleficent,’ and for high-profile relationships like her former marriage to actor Brad Pitt. Born in Los Angeles, California, on June 4, 1975, Angelina Jolie starred in the HBO biopic Gia before earning a best-supporting actress Academy Award for Girl, Interrupted.
Jolie became one of Hollywood’s marquee names, with starring roles in movies like Wanted, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Salt and Changeling. She later had a huge international blockbuster with Disney’s Maleficent, which spawned a sequel. Jolie also directed the films In the Land of Blood and Honey, Unbroken and By the Sea, in which she co-starred with then-husband Brad Pitt.
Angelina Jolie Bio/ Wiki[table id=1129 /]
Jolie was born Angelina Jolie Voight in Los Angeles, California. In her earliest years, Angelina began absorbing the acting craft from her actor parents, Jon Voight, an Oscar-winner, and Marcheline Bertrand, who had studied with Lee Strasberg. Her good looks may derive from her ancestry, which is German and Slovak on her father’s side, and French-Canadian, Dutch, Polish, and remote Huron, on her mother’s side. At age eleven, Angelina began studying at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute, where she was seen in several stage productions. She undertook some film studies at New York University and later joined the renowned Met Theatre Group in Los Angeles. At age 16, she took up a career in modeling and appeared in some music videos.
Angelina Jolie Hot Images
Angelina Jolie Net Worth
Angelina Jolie is an American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian. She has at times been one of the highest actresses in the world, commanding $15 million in salary for a single role. Angelina Jolie Net Worth is $160 million as of this writing.[table id=1130 /]
Jolie reprised the role of Maleficent in the Disney fantasy sequel Maleficent: Mistress of Evil in 2019, which received unfavorable reviews from critics but did moderately well at the box office with a global gross of $490 million.
Between 2001 and 2011 alone, Angelina Jolie earned over $120 million in movie salaries alone. She earned $7 million for the first Lara Croft movie than $12 million for the second. She earned $10 million for Mr & Mrs. Smith, The Good Shepherd, and A Mighty Heart. Her salary jumped to $15 million for Wanted, then $20 million for Salt and $19 million for The Tourist. As part of their bitter divorce battle, in August 2018 Angelina claimed to be cash-strapped and demanded more financial support from Brad Pitt. Court records revealed that Pitt had given Jolie $8 million as a down payment for the $25 million property she purchased in April 2017 because she did not have the funds herself.
In reality, it’s likely that Angelina has ample funds that are locked up in trusts and investments. When they married in 2014, Pitt and Jolie agreed they did not need a prenup because both were coming into the marriage with net worths “exceeding $100 million.” So where is Jolie’s money? One answer is that she simply did not want to divest her assets to buy a new house when she knew that Pitt would almost certainly be obligated to provide her the funds. It should also be noted that between August 2017 and August 2018, Angelina earned $28 million from salary and endorsements which made her the second-highest-paid actress on the planet.
Angelina Jolie Husband/ Spouse, Kids – Children
Husband/ Spouse (s)
Angelina Jolie had a serious boyfriend for two years from the age of 14. Her mother allowed them to live together in her home, of which Jolie later said, “I was either going to be reckless on the streets with my boyfriend or he was going to be with me in my bedroom with my mom in the next room. She made the choice, and because of it, I continued to go to school every morning and explored my first relationship in a safe way.” She has compared the relationship to a marriage in its emotional intensity and said that the breakup compelled her to dedicate herself to her acting career at the age of 16.
Husband/ Spouse 1: Jonny Lee Miller (m. 1996; div. 2000)
During the filming of Hackers (1995), Jolie had a romance with British actor Jonny Lee Miller, her first lover since the relationship in her early teens. They were not in touch for many months after production ended, but eventually reconnected and married soon after in March 1996.
She attended her wedding in black rubber pants and a white T-shirt, upon which she had written the groom’s name in her blood. Although the relationship ended for good the following year, Jolie remained on good terms with Miller, whom she called “a solid man and a solid friend”. Their divorce, initiated by Jolie in February 1999, was finalized shortly before she remarried the next year.
Husband/ Spouse 2: Billy Bob Thornton (m. 2000; div. 2003)
After a two-month courtship, Jolie married actor Billy Bob Thornton on May 5, 2000, in Las Vegas. They had met on the set of Pushing Tin (1999) but did not pursue a relationship at that time as Thornton was engaged to actress Laura Dern, while Jolie was reportedly dating actor Timothy Hutton, her co-star in Playing God (1997). As a result of their frequent public declarations of passion and gestures of love most famously wearing one another’s blood in vials around their necks their marriage became a favorite topic of the entertainment media.
Jolie and Thornton announced the adoption of a child from Cambodia in March 2002 but abruptly separated three months later. Their divorce was finalized on May 27, 2003.
Husband/ Spouse 3: Brad Pitt (m. 2014; separated 2016)
Jolie was involved in a well-publicized Hollywood scandal when she was accused of having caused the divorce of actors Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston in October 2005. She said she fell in love with Pitt during the filming of Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), but she dismissed allegations of an affair, saying, “To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive. I could not look at myself in the morning if I did that. I wouldn’t be attracted to a man who would cheat on his wife.” Jolie and Pitt did not publicly comment on the nature of their relationship until January 2006, when she confirmed that she was pregnant with his child.
During their twelve-year relationship, the couple was dubbed “Brangelina” a portmanteau coined by the entertainment media and were the subject of worldwide media coverage. Lorraine Ali of Los Angeles Times stated that they became one of Hollywood’s most glamorous couples. Their family grew to include six children, three of whom were adopted, before they announced their engagement in April 2012. Jolie and Pitt married on August 23, 2014, at their estate Château Miraval in Correns, France. She subsequently took the name “Jolie Pitt”. After two years of marriage, the couple separated in September 2016.
In her divorce filing, Jolie requested physical custody of their children. On November 11, 2018, a new custody agreement was established between Jolie and Pitt. On April 12, 2019, the court restored Jolie and Pitt to single status.
Although Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie ended their relationship in 2017 after 12 years together and two years of marriage, they will always bear the titles of Dad and Mom to their six kids. Angelina adopted two of their children before her relationship with Brad started and was made publicly official, but he went on to adopt them both, and they added another four kids to their brood between 2006 and 2008. Maddox, Zahara, and Pax were adopted from orphanages in Cambodia, Ethiopia, and Vietnam, respectively. The remaining three are their biological children.
Despite them not having social media accounts where they post about their kids often, Brad and Angelina’s six kids have all grown up in front of our eyes between their parents’ movie premieres and appearances at other celebrity events.
Angelina Jolie Movies – Career
- In the 1990s, Angelina Jolie became a popular actress. She gave a star-making performance in the 1998 television film Gia, based on the short, tragic life of model Gia Marie Carangi, for which she won the best actress Golden Globe. Her rapid ascent continued with Girl, Interrupted (1999), as the rebellious member of a group of institutionalized teenagers, her performance resulting in an Academy Award win for best-supporting actress.
- In the new millennium, Jolie continued to take on a variety of interesting roles. She portrayed adventurer Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider films (2001 and 2003), an FBI profiler in Taking Lives (2004) and a squadron commander in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004).
- After teaming with Brad Pitt to play married assassins in the sexy action flick Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005), Jolie played a neglected, troubled socialite wife in The Good Shepherd (2006) and then a vengeful, monstrous mother in an adaptation of Beowulf (2007). That year she also gave a brilliant performance as Mariane Pearl, the pregnant widow of Wall Street Journal reporter Danny Pearl, in A Mighty Heart. The film was based on Mariane’s account of her husband’s abduction and murder.
- In 2008, Jolie joined the voice cast of the animated comedy Kung Fu Panda as Master Tigress, a role she later reprised for multiple sequels. That year she also portrayed an assassin in Wanted and starred in the Clint Eastwood-directed thriller Changeling, as a mother who investigates her son’s unusual disappearance and reappearance. The role led to her first Oscar nomination in the best actress category. Jolie went on to earn the lead role in the action-packed Salt (2010), about a CIA agent, Evelyn Salt, who is on the run after being accused of being a Russian spy. That same year, she played the mysterious Elise Clifton-Ward in the espionage flick The Tourist, alongside Johnny Depp.
- In 2014, the actress enjoyed the rewards of shaping a major blockbuster, both starring in and executive producing Disney’s Maleficent. Jolie portrayed the sorceress title character, with the film taking on a woman-centered revisionist approach to the main villain from the animated classic Sleeping Beauty (1959). With U.S. critics divided on the Maleficent’s merits, the project nonetheless worked box office magic, earning around $240 million domestically and an additional $517 million overseas. The sequel, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, hit theaters in October 2019.
- Jolie also began honing her craft as a director. She made her feature-length directorial debut with 2011’s In the Land of Blood and Honey, looking at a relationship horribly damaged by the Bosnian War. This was followed by 2014’s Unbroken, a biopic that told the story of Olympian Louis Zamperini’s survival in a Japanese POW camp. The film was based on the bestselling Laura Hillenbrand book of the same name and earned more than $163 million worldwide.
- In 2016, Jolie directed and co-starred with Pitt in the art film By the Sea, a slowly-paced Mediterranean tale set in the 1970s about a married couple and the tensions of their relationship. The following year, she focused strictly on directing for First They Killed My Father, based on a Cambodian activist’s memoir of being trained as a child soldier.
Some Known Facts About Angelina Jolie
- Does Angelina Jolie smoke?: Yes
- Does Angelina Jolie drink alcohol?: Yes
- Angelina has 5 non-American blood ancestry, as she has blood traces from France, Germany, Slovakia, Netherlands, and Canada.
- When she was 14 years old, her mother allowed her to sleep with her boyfriend in her room, while her mother would sleep in the room next door.
- During her studies, Angelina wanted to be a funeral director.
- Her father Jon Voight was an actor, even her mother Marcheline was an actor, her first acting role was alongside her father in the film Lookin’ to Get Out (1982).
- She had an obsessive childhood crush on the fictional character of “Dr. Spock” from the TV program Star Treck that became famous during the 1970s. Dr.Spock
- She loves having tattoos and has at least a dozen tattoos over her body. Angelina Jolie tattoos
- She keeps her famous lips healthy with Blistex brand lip balm.
- Angelina is fond of collecting different types of knives and reading first edition books.
- When she was growing up, she didn’t like being hugged. During an interview with London’s Mail on Sunday, she said, “Growing up, I had a thing about people hugging me, even my mother, I’m holding my breath now just talking about it.”
- She made her major acting breakthrough in the 1998 television film Gia based on the short, tragic life of model Gia Marie Carangi, which won her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
- Angelina is one of the highest-paid Hollywood actresses. She was ranked on top of Hollywood’s most paid actresses during the years 2009 and 2011 but now she receives $15 million per movie.
- Angelina has carried off one Oscar, 3 Golden Globe awards, and 2 Screen Actors Guild awards.
- She loves doing her own stunts. As Lara Croft in the film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001), she performed almost 80% of the stunts.
- Angelina has starred not only in films but also in many music videos with renowned singers like Meat Loaf, Lenny Kravitz and the Rolling Stones.
- During her split with Miller, before their divorce was finalized, she had her first openly lesbian relationship. She began dating her ‘Foxfire’ costar, Jenny Shimizu, in 1998.
- Angelina met Brad Pitt during the shooting of 2005 film Ms. and Mrs. Smith. They dated each other for 9 years before getting married in 2014.
- Angelina has 6 children, out of which 3 are adopted.
- Jolie gave birth to twins, Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline, on July 12, 2008, in a seaside hospital in southern France.
- The couple (Brad Pitt and her) sold the rights for the first images of their twins to People and Hello! magazines for $14 million—making them the most expensive celebrity pictures ever taken. The money went to the Jolie-Pitt Foundation.
- Angelina is also the former Goodwill Ambassador of UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees). She has been awarded by the UN Correspondents Association with “Citizen of the World Award”.
- Angelina is a licensed pilot and owns a single-engine Cirrus SR22 aircraft. She will also be one of the fortunate people to view the earth from space by flying on Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic.
Jolie Has Made A Huge Name For Herself In The Film Industry Both As An Actress And Director. She Has Collaborated With Stars Such As Brad Pitt, Antonio Banderas, Daniel Craig, And Winona Ryder. In 2020, Angelina Jolie’s Net Worth Is Estimated To Be Roughly $160 Million Dollars As Of 2023.
Angelina Jolie, Who Has A Strong Family History Of Breast And Ovarian Cancers, Announced In 2013 That She Carried The Brca1 Gene, Which Puts Her At Significant Risk Of Also Developing These Cancers.
Angelina Jolie Upcoming Movies: The Eternals 2020, The One And Only Ivan 2020
Born Angelina Jolie Voight In Los Angeles, California, She Is The Daughter Of Actors Jon Voight And Marcheline Bertrand. On Her Father’s Side, Jolie Is Of German And Slovak Descent, And On Her Mother’s Side, She Is Of Primarily French Canadian, Dutch, And German Ancestry.