Jesse Lingard is an English professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for ‘Manchester United’ and for the English national team. Jesse joined Manchester United’s youth academy at the age of seven when he was born and raised in Cheshire. In many of their youth teams, he has remained a key player since then. The performance was one of the highlights of Manchester United’s victory in the 2010–2011 ‘FA Youth Cup’ final, following which he was offered a contract with the team.
Jesse was loaned to Leicester for a month in November 2012. The following few years, his average performance made him anxious, and he faced the possibility of being loaned out to other teams. He was determined to make it to the Manchester United first team, and in 2015 he was finally included in the club’s senior team. ‘Manchester United’ offered Jesse a contract for four years with an open option to extend it for another year in April 2017. Before joining the senior team in 2015, he played for the national ‘Under-17’ and ‘Under-21’ teams.
Jesse Lingard Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Jesse Ellis Lingard|
|Age||31 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Warrington, England|
|Date of Birth||15 December 1992|
|Home Town||Warrington, England|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother’s Name||Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Not Available|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Emma Hyde (2011-2016) – In the period from 2011 until 2016, Jesse was in a relationship with Emma Hyde. They together lived in Lingard’s luxury flat worth £500,000.|
• Jena Frumes (2017-2018) – Jesse started dating actress and model, Jena Frumes, in 2017, after they met in 2016. However, they parted way in 2018 because Jesse reportedly cheated on her.
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughters- Hope Lingard|
|School||Ashton on Mersey School|
|College/University||Beamont Collegiate Academy|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||• Dab University|
|Career Manager||Jesse is signed with DM Football Advice International.|
|Debut Club||On November 30, 2011, Lingard first appeared in a match for Manchester United in a League Cup quarter-final match against Crystal Palace.|
|Debut International||Lingard made his debut for the senior national team of England on November 16, 2015 in a match against France.|
|Current Team(s)||• Manchester United F.C.|
• England national football team
|Position||Attacking Midfielder / Winger|
|Strengths||• Through balls|
• Holding on the ball
• Defensive contribution
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 62 kg|
in pounds- 137 lbs
|Chest Size||36.5 inches|
|Biceps Size||13.5 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Jesse Lingard has a mixed ethnic background as his paternal grandparents are emigrants from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Small and lean body|
• Short Mohawk haircut
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Playing Position||Attacking Midfielder / Winger|
|Favorite Car||Mercedes-AMG C63 S Coupe|
|Favorite Drink||Not Available|
|Favorite Coach||Pep Guardiola|
Jesse Lingard was born in Warrington, Cheshire, on December 15, 1992, into a typical English family. His enrollment at the William Beamont Community High School intensified his passion for football as a child, reaching another level as he grew up. As a toddler, he played football just for fun, not knowing what it would lead to.
He was enrolled in the Penketh United academy after his parents noticed his passion for the game. After performing well at the youth academy, Jesse’s parents decided to send him to a more prestigious academy. ‘Manchester United’ seemed like the obvious choice. Jesse was practicing with the most well-known youth academy in the country at the age of 7. “Penketh” taught Jesse the basics to play the game, and he improved quickly.
During his formative years at the academy, he was a member of many youth ranks. Andrés Iniesta was his idol and he tried to mimic his style of play. The left-footed footballer was usually one of the shortest players on every team he was a part of, but that didn’t stop him from leaving an impression.
During the 2010–2011 season, Jesse earned his first professional contract after winning the ‘FA Youth Cup.’ In 2011, he was offered a contract, bringing him one step closer to his childhood dream of becoming a regular in the main squad of ‘Manchester United.
The relationship between Jesse Lingard and Emma Hyde lasted quite a while before they broke up. It was Emma who accused Jesse of leaving her after he experienced success in football. During one of his junior matches, she said that she had taken care of him when he was injured. But Jesse refused to comment.
Moreover, Emma claimed that she had provided financial assistance to Jesse when he was broke. A lot of media attention was given to the issue, which led to Jesse receiving a lot of flak. Emma later revealed that she was hoping for reconciliation but that it didn’t happen.
Jesse Lingard Net Worth
Jesse Lingard has an estimated net worth of $10 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$10 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$8 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1-$5 Million|
|Annual Salary||$1 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Mercedes-AMG C63 S Coupe – £80,000+|
• Range Rover Sport SVR – £120,000+
• Bentley Bentayga – £180,000
• Bentley Continental GT – £200,000
When a terrorist attack hit Manchester Arena in 2017, Lingard and a few of his teammates visited the injured, many of whom were children. Lingard even attended the One Love Manchester Concert, which raised around £2 million.
- A matchday squad for ‘Manchester’ against ‘Crystal Palace’ in the quarterfinals of the ‘League Cup’ was named in November 2011. He has benched the entire game. In early 2012, he was asked to play for the senior team once more. However, the situation remained the same and he did not get a chance to showcase his talent.
- In November 2012, he was loaned to ‘Leicester’ for a month. Jesse made his debut in ‘Leicester’ the day after he joined the club as a substitute. His loan period was extended until January 2013. Despite this, he only appeared in five games.
- Jesse became a part of Manchester United’s pre-season 19-man squad during the 2013-2014 season. Two of his team’s goals contributed to its 5–1 victory against ‘A-League’ team ‘Sydney.’ In addition to his goals against Yokohama and Kansas City, he also scored against ‘Yokohama’ and ‘Kitchee’, which brought his ‘All-Stars’ goal total to 4, which was considered to be an excellent performance.
- As a result of his performance in ‘All-Stars’ games, Jesse thought he had earned his spot on the main squad as a regular and hoped that he would not be loaned to another team.
- In September 2013, he was loaned to Birmingham City for a month. Planned to prove himself as a senior player, he scored within the first 20 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday. Several minutes later, he completed his hat-trick. In the second half, he scored another goal to give his team the victory they deserved.
- ‘Manchester’ accepted Birmingham’s offer to keep Jesse until December, but he missed a few matches while undergoing knee treatment. Despite staying with the Birmingham team until January 2014, he was suspended from the last few games after violent behavior on the field.
- After rejecting the loan extension offer, Jesse returned to Manchester United, hoping to make it to the first team. In the end, he remained an unused substitute before being loaned again, this time to Brighton & Hove Albion for three months. Jesse played 17 games for Brighton, which included the ‘Championship’ playoffs, scoring only four goals.
- In August, during the 2014–2015 season, he was asked to play on the field against ‘Liverpool’ in the finals of the ‘International Champions Cup.’ The ‘Premier League’ season finally had him making his competitive debut in a match against ‘Swansea.’ Within 24 minutes of the game, he suffered an injury and was replaced.
- He was loaned to ‘Derby County’ in February 2015 and stayed with them for the remainder of the season.
- On November 15, 2015, he finally scored his first goal against ‘West Bromwich Albion,’ launching the goal tally for his team. In the months that followed, he scored against highly competitive teams such as Stoke City and Chelsea.
- Jesse scored the winning goal for his team in the 2016 ‘FA Cup’ finals against Crystal Palace. His performance secured him a regular spot in the main team.
- Jesse scored the opening goal for ‘Manchester United’ in their match against the ‘Premier League’ title-holder team ‘Leicester City’ in the 2016–2017 season. Against ‘Southampton,’ he scored the match-winning goal for his team during the 2017 ‘EFL Cup Final.
- Upon seeing his performance improve significantly, ‘Manchester United’ signed a contract to keep him until 2021, with an option to extend if both parties agree.
- In addition to being one of the most competitive players in the ‘Manchester United’ youth academy, Jesse was a member of the ‘Under-17’ national team for the 2008 ‘Nordic Tournament.’ He made his Under-21 debut against Scotland in 2013.
- He played for the English team in the finals of the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in June of 2015.
- As a result of a friendly match against France in November 2016, he was offered a place in the national senior team. Additionally, he participated in the World Cup qualification match.
Facts About Jesse Lingard
- A Manchester United youth academy student since the age of 7, Lingard joined the club at the age of 7.
- In the summer of 2011, he signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.
- Michael Keane and Jesse were sent on a one-month loan to Leicester City on November 6, 2012.
- Eventually, his loan was extended until January 2, 2013.
- Birmingham City loaned Lingard to Lingard on September 19, 2013.
- Jesse was loaned out to Brighton & Hove Albion again on February 27, 2014.
- On November 7, 2015, he scored his first goal for Manchester United in a 2-0 victory over West Bromwich Albion.
- Jesse started his own Rainbow 6 esports organization in August 2021, called “JLINGZ esports”.
Lingard spends most of his waiting time with his daughter, Hope Lingard, who is over 2 years old.
Jena Frumes famously dated Manchester United footballer Jesse Lingard from 2017 to 2018.
The 28-year-old is reportedly refusing to extend his contract with Old Trafford, where he was born and raised. Lingard has been frustrated by the lack of playing time since returning from a stellar loan spell at West Ham United this summer.
The Portuguese met Lingard for the first time during their initial stint with the Red Devils. It would be 2014 before a promising playmaker made his senior United debut, Ronaldo having moved on to Real Madrid by then.
Last season, Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard spent a successful loan period with West Ham. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made it clear to David Moyes that he wanted to keep Jesse Lingard at Manchester United, and West Ham United didn’t sign him last summer.