Ameesha Patel is a well-known Indian Film Actress, Model, and Film Producer. She is best known for her work in Bollywood movies as well as Telugu and Tamil cinema. Ameesha Patel became popular after playing the role of ‘Sakeena’ in the film ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’. She attracted the audience with her beauty and great acting skills.
Amisha Amit Patel was born in a Patidar family on 9 June 1976 in Breach Candy Hospital, Bombay((present-day Mumbai), Maharashtra. Her father’s name is Amit Patel, a businessman, and her mother’s name is Asha Patel. She has one brother, Ashmit Patel who is also an actor.
She is unmarried. In 1999, Patel met filmmaker Vikram Bhatt on the set of their first movie together, Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage (2002), and they started dating since the film’s release. She lived in a relationship with Vikram Bhatt for five years until they broke up in 2008. Thereafter, she met a London-based businessman, Kanav Puri, and dated him until 2010.
Ameesha Patel Wiki/Bio[table id=2058 /]
Ameesha Patel completed her schooling at Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai, India. Later, she went to Tufts University, Boston, USA, and completed her A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce after leaving Bio-genetic engineering in the mid. When she was only five years old, she started learning Bharatanatyam and within a very short period of time, she got trained in it. She received an offer from an American Investment Banking Company, Morgan Stanley, but she rejected it.
Ameesha Patel started her career as an economic analyst at Khandwala Securities Limited after graduation. After that, she received an offer from Morgan Stanley but turned it down. Later she came back to India and joined Satyadev Dubey’s theatre group and acted in plays, including an Urdu language play titled Neelam (1999). Which was written by Tanveer Khan, upon receiving permission from her conservative parents. At the same time, she started modeling.
Ameesha Patel Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Ameesha Patel’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Ameesha Patel in 2023?[table id=2059 /]
Noted, Right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
Patel’s first opportunity for acting came in the form of an offer from her father’s schoolmate, Rakesh Roshan, to star opposite his son, Hrithik Roshan, in Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (200o). The offer came immediately after she graduated. but she refused the offer because she wanted to continue her education in the US. Afterward, Kareena Kapoor replaced her but Kareena Kapoor dropped out a few days into the principal photography and Ameesha Patel was given the opportunity once again during a family lunch.
The film was a smash hit and made Ameesha an overnight star. After that, she worked in yet another super hit Bollywood movie named ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’ in 2001. This movie was the most successful film of her acting career and was also one of the biggest blockbuster films of Bollywood. She won Filmfare Best Performance Award for the movie. She was featured as one of the top actresses of Bollywood in 2001 by rediff.com.
Ameesha has earned him a special award Filmfare, Humraaz, and Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai. She received huge recognition for her scenes in Ankahee (2006). Subsequently, she played in the box office Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. and Bhool Bhulaiyaa, which had their first commercial success in five years.
Ameesha founded her own production company, Ameesha Patel Productions, in 2011. In 2013, she made an extended special appearance in Race 2. Ameesha also won the title of ‘Sexiest’ Bollywood actress of all-time title. In 2019, she participated in Bigg Boss 13. The show’s host, Salman Khan made her ‘Malkin’ of the show who kept an eye on each and every contestant.[table id=2060 /]
Facts About Ameesha Patel
- Does Ameesha Patel drink alcohol?: Yes
- Her birth name, Amisha is a mixture of the first three letters of her father’s name, Amit, and the last three letters of her mother’s name, Asha.
- Ameesha Patel was born in a Gujarati family. Ameesha’s grandfather, Rajni Patel was a popular lawyer and politician who had also served as the President of Pradesh Congress Committee, Mumbai.
- Patel has also modeled for well-known Indian brands like Bajaj Sevashram, Fair & Lovely, Cadburys Jai Lime, Fem, Lux, and some others.
- To be cast as a lead actress for the film ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’, 22 girls were shortlisted from 500 girls who came to audition for the film. Eventually, Patel was selected.
- Between 2002 to 2005, She also appeared in some talk shows such as Rendezvous with Simi Garewal and The Manish Malhotra Show.
- Patel joined PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) in September 2004. She does not support the captivity of animals in zoos.
- In February 2005, she also performed at the HELP! Telethon Concert to raise money for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami.
- She joined an NGO called PlanetRead, which helps people in villages to learn reading through film songs, in 2006.
- In October 2007, Patel, along with Kirron Kher and John Abraham, joined the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to fight against human trafficking in India.
- She appeared in a bikini item number, ‘Lazy Lamhe’ in Kunal Kohli’s ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic.’ For the song, she learned scuba-diving, which took 15 days.
- She has also been featured on the cover page of Maxim India three times.
Sadly though, it looks like her career has run aground today. Part of it is simply a function of old Father Time – In Bollywood as in Hollywood, as actresses age, their ability to get leading roles evaporates. Part of it though has to do with her own personal and career choices.
This actress made her Bollywood debut with Hrithik Roshan in the film “Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai”. Due to the lack of much success in films, it got away from films but always stays in the limelight with itself. Let me know for your information that there are more than 2 million fans on her Instagram account, who keep an eye on her every activity. Apart from this, they also have many fan pages that show their hot and bold photos and videos on social media. She shares with her fans. Hrithik Roshan’s debut film ‘Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai’ in 2000 was a romance, drama, and thriller film. This film also featured Hrithik Roshan along with the beautiful Bollywood actress Amisha Patel from the songs of the film to the heart of the audience. For the information, let me tell you that, this film was made for 10 crores rupees and this film did the business of 80 crores rupees at the box office and the film was a blockbuster.
Ameesha Patel came up with a new surprise in Bigg Boss 13. Salman Khan has introduced her as the ‘malkin’ of the house.
Ameesha Patel made huge waves with her cute looks and bubbly character in Kaho Naa Pyar Hai. She also delivered an all-time hit Gadar with Sunny Deol. Ameesha also won a number of awards for her hard-hitting performance in the movie. Though the movie gave her an edge over all other actresses of the year, films like Kya Yahi Pyar Hai, Ye Zindagi Ka Safar did not do too well at the box office. Only one Reason I can Found That Due To His Relationship he didn’t Focus on Carrier. Although he broke Up With his Ex Bf Kanav Puri it was too late. Nowadays Bollywood launches many new faces so not only Ameesha but also many 90’s popular actresses face the failure to comeback in Bollywood.