Diego Javier Llorente Rios (born 16 August 1993) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a center-back for Leeds United and the Spanish national team. In June 2017, Llorente signed with Real Sociedad after being developed at Real Madrid, who loaned him twice to La Liga clubs. His journey to becoming a professional footballer began as early as 7 years of age at the academy of Perez Galdós, followed by a short stint at Trabenco.
Before making the grade at Real Madrid’s youth program at the age of 9. He represented the Los Blancos at the junior level for just short of a century. In the final game of the 2012/13 season, he donned the famous white of Real Madrid against CA Osasuna to fulfill his boyhood dream. Real Sociedad’s defender made 88 appearances over three seasons before joining Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United in the summer of 2020.
Diego Llorente Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Diego Javier Llorente Ríos|
|Nick Name||Diego Llorente|
|Age||29 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Born Place||Madrid, Spain|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1993|
|Home Town||Madrid, Spain|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
|Brother(s)||Jesús Llorente Ríos|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughters- 1- Name Not Available|
|School||Los Blancos' youth academy|
|College/University||Los Blancos' youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Gelu Rodríguez|
|Debut Club||• 2020: Leeds United|
|Debut International||• 2016: Spain national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 14 (Leeds United)|
• 3 (Spain national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Leeds United|
• Spain national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 186 cm|
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet inches- 6'1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||8 UK|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Diego Llorente Net Worth
In 2022, what will his salary be?
In September 2020 Diego Llorente the center-back signed a contract with Leeds United that ends in 2024 that nets him a whopping salary of £1,144,000 per year. According to our calculations, he earns £3,134 per day and £131 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||12.5 million euros (11.4 million Pounds)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Per Month Salary||£95,334|
|Per Week Salary||£22,000|
|Per Day Salary||£3,134|
|Per Hour Salary||£131|
|Per Minute Salary||£2.17|
|Current Contract||With Leeds United|
|Contract Signed||Sep 24, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$22.00 Million|
|Market Value||$19.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$27.50 Million (Jun 11, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
The Spanish defender came through the Real Madrid academy before playing on loan at Rayo Vallecano and Málaga. A successful spell at Real Sociedad led to his move to Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United. Diego Llorente has a net worth of close to 12.5 million euros (11.4 million Pounds) and his market value is somewhere in the region of $19.80 million.
Diego Llorente FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
He is currently 28 years old and plays as a Centre Back for Leeds United in England. Currently, his FIFA 22 overall rating is 77 with 79 potential points. There is a 2-star rating for Diego Llorente’s skillmoves.
Diego Llorente FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|31||Sprint Speed||76||Sliding Tackle|
|43||FK Accuracy||11||GK Kicking|
|54||Long Passing||9||GK Positioning|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His workrates are Medium / High. According to our database, Diego Llorente’s height is 186 cm and his weight is 75 kg. Diego Llorente plays with the numbers 14 and 3 at the moment.
- In July 2002, one month shy of his ninth birthday, Llorente joined Real Madrid’s youth system.
- During the 2012–13 season, he made his senior debut with the C team, drawing 1–1 away to Caudal Deportivo in the Segunda División B.
- His first appearance with Real Madrid Castilla was on 24 March 2013, as a substitute for the injured Iván González in an eventual 4–0 victory over Córdoba CF.
- A bench player for the main squad against RCD Espanyol on 11 May, he made his La Liga debut on 1 June, replacing Alvaro Arbeloa in the dying minutes of the final match against CA Osasuna.
- Llorente moved to Rayo Vallecano on a season-long loan on 14 July 2015.
- As his team eventually suffered relegation to third from bottom, he was an undisputed starter after scoring his first goal in the top flight on 3 January 2016.
- Llorente was loaned to Málaga CF also in the top tier on 8 July 2016.
- A five-year contract was signed by Llorente with Real Sociedad on 26 June 2017.
- In his league debut, he scored one goal in a 4–2 away win against Deportivo de La Coruna after replacing Inigo Martnez halfway through the second half.
- In his very first appearance in European competition, he scored twice in a 4–0 UEFA Europa League defeat of Rosenborg BK at home four days later.
- On 24 September 2020, Leeds United announced the signing of Llorente for a reported fee of £18 million.
- On 5 December, he made his Premier League debut, replacing the injured Robin Koch in the ninth minute of Chelsea’s 3–1 loss.
- In a 1–1 home draw against Liverpool on April 19, 2021, he scored his first league goal.
- In May 2016, Llorente was called up by Spanish manager Vicente del Bosque for a friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Later in the month, he made his debut, replacing Cesc Fàbregas in the 3–1 win over Switzerland.
- Llorente was included in Luis Enrique’s 24-man squad for UEFA Euro 2020 on 24 May 2021.
Facts About Diego Llorente
- Llorente, a right-footed player with good positioning and strength in the air, can play as a central defender or defensive midfielder.
- This is a throwback to his Real Madrid days! After graduating from Los Blancos’ youth academy, the defender represented the first team twice before moving on to seek first-team opportunities elsewhere.
- Even though his dreams of playing for the Galacticos came to a premature end, at least he got to drive some fine cars!
- From the age of 7, he began his journey to becoming a professional footballer.
- Due to a lack of first-team opportunities, the center-back went out on loan to Rayo Vallecano (2015/16).
- In a 2-2 draw against Real Sociedad on January 3rd, 2016, the defender scored his first La Liga goal.
- At the end of the season, the Spaniard could not save his team from relegation despite his best efforts.
- The defender’s loan spell at Málaga (2016/17) led to his permanent departure from the Santiago Bernabeu when he signed for Real Sociedad in summer 2017.
Where was Diego Llorente born?
How old is Diego Llorente?
Who does Diego Llorente play for?
- Spain national football team
- Leeds United
How tall is Diego Llorente?
How good is Diego Llorente?
Diego Llorente’s Rating is 77. His potential is 79 and his position is CB. He is 29 years old from Spain and playing for Leeds United in the England Premier League (1). Diego Llorente FIFA 22 has 2 Skill moves and 3 Weak Feet, he is Right-footed and his workrates are Med/High.
Diego Llorente’s biography teaches us that we need to mentally prepare for life’s challenges. Moreover, it is normal for aspiring footballers to encounter roadblocks on the way to becoming professionals.
Diego Llorente’s parents prepared him for life by being doggedly persistent.
In the story, the Spanish were able to overcome many rejections by strengthening his character and lowering his expectations.
During the process of writing Diego Llorente’s bio, we discovered something about him – one of his most prominent characteristics.
It is nothing other than his forgiving spirit. Despite coming from a humble family, the footballer has shown us that he has a great attitude.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Spanish footballer. Hopefully, Diego Llorente’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in this article on Diego Llorente.