Aamir Khan is a well-known Bollywood Actor, Producer, TV Host, and Director. His full name is Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan and he is also known as Bollywood’s Mr.Perfectionist. Mostly, Aamir Khan famous for his consistent performances and intelligent choice of scripts. His insistence on a complete script before shooting and working on only one film at a time heralded new professionalism in Bollywood.
Aamir Khan was born in the Islamic middle-class family on 14 March 1965 in Mumbai. He is a son of Late Tahir Hussain (Producer) and Zeenat Hussain, Aamir is the eldest of all four siblings. His younger brother is Faisal Khan who is also an actor. Farhat and Nikhat Khan are his younger sisters. Imran Khan is his nephew.
Aamir Khan has 3 children with two wives. Aamir did two marriages. He first got married on 18 April 1986 with Reema Dutta. He has two kids with his first wife, Junaid Khan and Ira Khan. But in December 2002, Aamir filed for divorce, Reema took the custody of both the children. On 28 December 2005, Aamir married Kiran Rao. He met Kiran during the film Lagaan, she was an assistant director to Ashutosh Gowariker. And on 5 December 2011, Azad Rao Khan was born through a surrogate mother.
Aamir Khan Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan|
|Nick Name||• Mr. Perfectionist|
• The Choco Boy
|Age||(as in 2020) 55 Years|
|Debut||• As a child actor: Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)|
• As a lead actor: Holi (1984)
• Producer: Lagaan (2001)
• TV: Satyamev Jayate (2014)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||14 March 1965|
|Residence||2, Hill View Apartments, Opposite Mehboob Studio, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Listening Old Music, Watching Movies, Playing Chess, Tennis, and Cricket|
|Mother's Name||Zeenat Hussain|
|Father's Name||Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)|
|Brother||Faisal Khan (younger)|
|Sister||Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan (both younger)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Reena Dutta|
• Kiran Rao
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||• First Wife: 18 April, 1986|
• Second Wife: 28 December, 2005
|Children||• Sons- Junaid Khan (from First Wife), Azad Rao Khan (from Second Wife)|
• Daughter- Ira Khan (from First Wife)
|School||• J.B. Petit School, Mumbai (pre-primary education)|
• St. Anne's High School, Bandra, Mumbai (till the 9th grade)
• Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai (10th grade)
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College (Dropped)|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|Brands Endorsed||• Coca-Cola|
• Titan Watches
• Tata Sky
• Toyota Innova
• Monaco Biscuits
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race/Ethnicity||Mixed (mainly Pathan)|
|Dress Size||10 (US)|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
|Cars Collection||• Mercedes Benz S600|
• Bentley Continental
• Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom
• Land Rover Range Rover SUV
• BMW 6 series
|Favourite Food||Indian and Moghlai dishes, Dal and rice|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Govinda|
|Favourite Actresses||Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, Sridevi|
|Favourite Cricketers||Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly|
|Favourite Restaurants||Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)|
|Favourite Fruits||Banana, Apple|
|Favourite Tennis Player||Roger Federer|
|Favourite Destination||Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani|
|Favourite Board Game||Settlers of Catan|
|Favourite Writer||Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy|
|Favourite Song||"Oh Re Taal Mile" from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)|
|Favourite Sport||Tennis, Cricket|
Aamir Khan completed his schooling from J.B. Pettit School(Mumbai), St. Anne’s high school, Bandra (Mumbai), and Bombay Scottish School, Mahim(Mumbai). He was interested in playing lawn tennis and also represented his school in several state-level championships, and has been the State Tennis winner for Maharashtra. Aamir did not continue with his higher studies after he completed his class 12th.
Aamir Khan made his Bollywood debut as a child actor in the movie Yaadon Ki Baarat, in 1973. He got his first break in 1984 with the movie Holi. But the film failed at the box office. He got another chance when Nasir Hussain and his son Mansoor signed him as a leading actor in Mansoor’s directorial debut Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak alongside Juhi Chawala. To promote his film, Aamir did not have enough funds, so he along with his co-star, Raj Zutshi, took to the streets and himself pasted the posters to promote the movie. The movie turned out to be a great commercial hit at the box office.
Aamir Khan Net Worth
Star Aamir with his wife Kiran Rao and son Azad Rao lives in a spacious 5000 sq ft house at Freeda apartments which is off Carter Road in Bandra West. Aamir also has a 100-year-old bungalow in Panchgani which he bought from Homi Adjani(writer-director).
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$180 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Salary||INR 60 Crores/film|
|Income Source||Actor, Filmmaker|
- Aamir had previously called Shah Rukh Khan a dog while declaring that he had named his dog after him. He afterward said that Shah Rukh is the dog of the concierge of his house. Later he apologized to Shah Rukh and his family by visiting Shah Rukh’s home.
- In December 2015, he made a public statement that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant which was criticized by most people.
- During the shoot of Ghulam, Aamir attracted a controversy when famous writer Jessica Hines claimed that Aamir was the father of her son Jaan. It was featured in Stardust magazine that Aamir was madly in love with her and they were in a live-in relationship. When Jessica got pregnant, things got changed and Aamir forced him to abort the child, but she ignored his decision and gave birth to a baby boy to which Aamir never agreed. However, Jessica has also never publicly accepted it but also has never denied it.
When Aamir was 16 years old, he worked as an assistant director to his friend, Aditya Bhattacharya in his silent experimental film, ‘Paranoia.’
He appeared in Indra Kumar’s film- Dil, which became his first major hit after four flops in a row in 1990. During the shoot of the film Ghulam, Aamir was performing a stunt in which Aamir was running on a railway track towards an oncoming train, he just missed the train by 1.3 seconds as he jumped off the track. Later, Aamir was awarded the Best Scene Award for this scene at the 44th Filmfare Awards, but he did not accept it.
Aamir Khan’s film, Raja Hindustani was a super blockbuster in the box office and received tremendous admiration from the audience. His kissing scene with the actress, Karisma Kapoor was noted as the longest kiss of the Bollywood. His phenomenal acting in the film, Lagaan, took the movie to the Oscars.
In the film, 3 Idiots, the role of Raju Rastogi was initially assigned to Aamir Khan, however, he showed his interest for the character of Rancho and charmed the audience with his incredible acting in the film.
Aamir’s movie Dangal charmed the audience with his brilliant acting skills and became the first Indian movie to gross over 12000 crores worldwide and also the highest-grossing film in China in the year 2017. Aamir has also been an official ambassador of UNICEF. Not just in India, Aamir has his fan following across the globe. As per the reports, international superstar Jackie Chan is a big fan of his work. In 2018, he was cast in Vijay Krishna Acharya’s film, Thugs of Hindostan, based on a fictional novel titled, Confessions of a Thug.
Aamir Khan Television Career
Aamir Khan made his television debut on 6 May 2012 with the talk show Satyamev Jayate. The show dealt with social issues. The show has gained positive responses from all over though the ratings were not as expected. Ratings of the show eventually picked up and it became very successful. Aamir Khan was paid Rs.30 million per episode for hosting the show.
|1988||Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak|
|1989||Love Love Love|
Deewana Mujhsa Nahin
Turn Mere Ho
Afsana Pyaar ka
|1991||Dil Hain Ki Maanta Nahin|
Isi Ka Naam Zindagi
Daulat Ki Jung
Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar
|1993||Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke|
|1994||Andaaz Apna Apna|
|1995||Aatank Hi Aatank|
Akele Hum Akele Turn
|2001||Dil Chahta Hai|
|2006|| Rang De Basanti|
|2007||Taare Zameen Par|
|2018||Thugs of Hindostan|
|1989||Best Male Debut for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak|
|1997||Best Actor for Raja Hindustani|
|2002||Best Actor for Lagaan|
|2007||Best Actor (Critics) for Rang De Basanti|
|2008||Best Director for Taare Zameen Par|
|2009||Raj Kapoor Smriti Vishesh Gaurav Puraskar|
|2010||BIG Star – Film Actor of Decade (Male)|
|2017||Best Actor for Dangal|
National Treasure of India
Facts About Aamir Khan
- Does Aamir Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does he smoke?: Yes
- Aamir comes from a film industry background as his father was a film producer and his uncle was also a film-maker.
- His great grand uncle Abul Kalam Azad was a popular Indian freedom fighter as he led the Khilafat Movement and was an ardent supporter of Mahatma Gandhi. He has named his younger son Azad Rao Khan in the memory of his great grand uncle.
- His father’s film productions were a flop in a majority, which led to poor financial conditions. He told that at that time, there were around 30 calls a day from lenders calling for money and he was always at risk of being expelled from school for not paying fees.
- He was crazy about balloons and kites in his childhood.
- At the age of 8, he made a headstart of his career as a child actor in the film Yaadon Ki Baaraat, which is considered the first Bollywood masala film
- The same year, he played the younger role of Mahendra Sandhu in his father’s production Madhosh.
- He consumed one liter of vodka before the shoot of the song ‘Tere Ishq Mein Naachenge’ to deliver his drunk character more efficiently.
- To get into the character of Bhuvan in his movie Lagaan, he got his ears pierced so that he could wear earrings in real. Moreover, his phenomenal performance in Lagaan took the movie to the Oscars.
- When Farah Khan approached him to make a special appearance in Om Shanti Om song, he declined by saying that he is busy in shooting and cannot make up time for it.
- In his blockbuster hit- PK, his character was shown fond of Paan, and he ate approximately over 10000 Paans during the filming of the entire movie.
- Aamir was the first choice for movies Darr, Swades, Saajan, and Hum Aapke Hain Koun, which later went to Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjay Dutt, and Salman Khan and turned out to be blockbusters.
- When he was invited on the display of his wax imitation at Madame Tussauds, he declined to attend the same.
- Aamir doesn’t believe in showbiz and maintains uniformity in his birthday celebration. Each year, he cuts his cake and then relishes a dinner with his family. Moreover, he takes a resolution every year on his birthday to quit smoking but ends up breaking it.
- While filming for a drunk scene in 3 Idiots, Aamir suggested actually getting drunk, and they all did, which resulted in numerous retakes till the stock of the camera got over.
- In an interview, Aamir disclosed that Abhijaat Joshi is working on the sequel of 3 Idiots.
- He was featured in Time Magazine’s list- ‘100 Most Influential People in The World’ in 2013.
- Her wife Kiran revealed on Koffee With Karan that Aamir hates taking a shower and has an eating disorder.
- For his movie Dangal, he was first asked to gain 28kgs of weight and then lost 25 kg in the time duration of 5-6 months to play younger Mahavir Singh Phogat. And he was personally trained by Rahul Bhatt.
- It was also revealed by Dangal’s director, Nitesh Tiwari that Aamir used to abuse a lot during his workout sessions in the gym.
- Aamir loves solving Rubik’s cube and is also an expert at it.
- He is also an amazing videographer, as he has shot the wedding ceremony of Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna in 2001.
- Aamir usually explains the meaning of his favorite song ‘Oh Re Taal Mile’ from the film ‘Anokhi Raat’ to every other person he talks with.
Who is better SRK or Aamir Khan?
Shah Rukh Khan frequently appears among the top three wealthiest actors in the world, while Aamir Khan has been the only Eastern actor to be ranked first in the world’s highest-earning actors in films.
Why is Aamir Khan famous?
Aamir Khan is famous for his consistent performances and intelligent choice of scripts. His insistence on a complete script before shooting and working on only one film at a time heralded new professionalism in Bollywood.
Are Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan friends?
The superstars in Bollywood, Aamir Khan, and Shah Rukh Khan share a close friendship. As they are both the superstars of Bollywood, they were always pitted against each other, and for a while, there were rumors of a tiff between the two.
Why doesn't Aamir Khan attend Bollywood award functions?
It is rumored that Aamir Khan has to quit being part of such awards night took place since 1991. In 1991 Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (starring Amir Khan) and Beta (starring Anil Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit) was competing at the awards. It is rumored that Anil Kapoor bribed the Filmfare walls and took home the best actor and best actress awards. Amir, who believed that Jo Jeeta was a much more superior film had to win awards, was upset when the film didn’t win any award. Amir was so upset that since then he hasn’t shown up at awards.
How rich is Aamir Khan?
He has a net worth of $ 180 million (2020).